Friday 11 November 2011

Deck Garden

So, because we need to move sometime in the not so distant future to make way for a motorway, I really don't have much motivation to put in a vege garden. I've always wanted one, but do question  where I'd actually find the time to maintain it. However I went to Bunnings a month or so ago and bought some tomato, tom thumb lettuce and rocket plants to grow outside the kitchen on the deck. It's so wonderful being able to step outside and pick the salad for dinner and to know it's not drenched in pesticides. My rocket has recently started growing like crazy, and since I'm the only one in the house who actually likes it, I have been giving it away to everyone I know.


Max planted his own strawberry plant and decorated the pot all by himself at R.'s house. He waters it diligently every day and is eagerly watching as the strawberries grow and start to turn red.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment