Saturday 28 January 2012

Car seat covers


I'm pretty relaxed about a lot of things - a bit of a "yeah, whatever, it'll be fine" girl. I am happy to "make do" with most things, happy to use, adapt and refashion what I already have. When it comes to car seats, however, I am not willing to give an inch. I spent a LOT of time researching our current car seats, and have just spent just as much time finding the right booster for Max. I know that rear-facing kids and harnessing them for as long as possible is the safest thing to do, so that's what I do. My husband tells me I am risk-averse - and in this case, I'd agree. 

I LOVE our car seats.  We always take them when we travel - I'm not so keen on hiring seats from a rental car company. The trouble of travelling with 2 car seats (and a stroller, suitcases and hand luggage) is, despite the obvious difficulty of wrangling so much luggage, protecting them. I had difficulty finding covers for our seats, so decided to make some, and am pretty happy with how they turned out. They are thick canvas outside with a waterproof lining and two handles on the back. They were roadtested over Christmas and held up well to the rigours of the conveyor belts and baggage handling!



No comments:

Post a Comment